I would absolutely love to do a painting or drawing for you!
In general, a watercolor painting will be around $1,750 and an original drawing will be $250 (along with the video of me doing the drawing using both hands). The average turnaround is 1 month.
Here is a quote from Tom after receiving a commissioned portrait his wife had me create of their family:
Can’t thank you enough for the painting. Only 3 works of art have ever brought tears to my eyes. Now it’s four. Simply amazing and I’m totally blown away!
Please contact me if you are interested in commissioning me to create a watercolor painting or drawing for you or a loved one.
To get started, email Colin directly (with “Commission” in Subject) at Colindarke@gmail.com
In general — 4 easy steps:
• Process Overview:
o First, you contact me.
o Second, you let me know the subject matter (send me some photos and videos) and size you want (9” x 12”, 22” x 30”, 12” x 12”, or 6” x 6”).
o Third, download the contract below and we finalize terms.
o Fourth, I send you pictures of the final piece, you love it and pay the final installment (or you don’t and ask for a redo and don’t pay the full amount until you are happy), and I mail it to you (free shipping).
• Current Timeline: I am currently accepting commissions, and in general a commissioned watercolor will take approximately 2 months and a commissioned drawing will take 2 weeks (you may be able to expedite the work at an additional cost). When we start planning out the piece I can give you a better timeline commitment, which will be memorialized in the contract.
• Contract: Here is a sample contract: Commission Contract CTD
• Pricing: I am currently only creating works on paper in the following sizes and for the following prices:
- 22” x 30” = $2,500
- 12” x 12” = $1,750
- 6” x 6” =$250
- 18” x 24” or 22″ x 30″ = $1,750
- 9″ x 12″ or smaller =$250
• Creative Overview: If you have a specific subject matter (family portrait, family pet, or certain landscape), I would ask that you send me several pictures and/or videos of the subject matter. That will allow me to get familiar with the subject matter and use all of the reference materials to create a compelling composition with my style. After I have had a chance to review the reference materials, I will send you a couple sketches and proposed color palates.